Wednesday, we drove to stay with my 'rents and drop off the pups. Thurs, we made the drive on down. Driving reminded me of how I strongly dislike that drive as well as TX roads. I made that journey more times than I want to count. It never got any better. So we made it and the Hubs dropped me off to get my hair done. Yes, I am that big of a nerd that it takes alot for me to trust someone with my hair. When we went to leave, we couldn't start the car. Dead Battery. Must have been all the bad things I had to say about TX. My hair dresser who happens to be a good friend called her stepdad to help us..so an hour later we were on our way with a new battery. The hubs told me that it was the most expensive hair cut I have ever had. I told him not to test me! ;-)
We then made it to the L-town Christmas Parade where we got to spend time with our old small group. After the parade, we went to our favorite burger place. I swear that that place would be a success ANYWHERE. It is sooooo yummy. It was a great welcome. The Hubs and I ended up staying up "late" with one of our friends chatting away.
Friday, I woke up at 6...pissed that I couldn't go back to sleep. One of our friends, R, came over and fixed us a good ole country breakfast. We then went and bummed around Target for a bit looking at baby stuff. R is 5 months pregnant. She told us right before she left. It was one of those bitter sweet moments because she and her hubs are good friends of ours. R had a knackering to see Harry Potter so we all piled up and went a town up to see it for cheap. As we walked out after the movie, we saw a guy riding a horse....only in TX..... From there, we went to dinner with some of our other close friends and caught up with them. After dinner, we headed to a friends house to hang and caught up with a few more people before calling it a night.
Saturday, we got up and headed to P & R's house. P & R have been singularly good friends of ours for over 3 years. Since then, they started dating and during the summer got engaged. We are so excited for them! Their wedding is on our list of trips for this upcoming year. We then headed back to the place we were staying so I could go have girl time with R and her mother-in-law/one of my favorite people. We ate lunch and went to a Christmas Craft Fair. I love those type things! Found a bunch of cute things that i bought and some I passed up but wanted.
The Hubs and I then met up with friends for sushi happy hour including some of the friends we had seen the previous night. I can't tell you how good it is to have real sushi...we don't have a place like that within 30 mi. of here. :-( It was also great to spend time with those folks...sushi happy hour was a regular thing for us back there. It almost felt as if we were living there and nothing had changed...except alot has. We double booked ourselves and so we headed to R's house for homemade pizza with the family and a few close friends. We hung out there before we headed over to another friend's house for a bonfire.
Sunday, we went to our old church (also a sad statement) where we enjoyed seeing our pastor and worshipping with God among friends. We went to MiMi's to eat (like a normal Sunday after church) and then started on our journey back home. We picked up the pups and ate dinner with my 'rents on the way.
Needless to say, it was a long trip, but a good trip. It was filled with lots of laughs, a couple tears, and an all around good time. I have a few pictures to share, but unfortunately did a terrible job of documenting our trip. Needless to say, we miss our TX friends and those friendships, but still find peace and happiness in our new home.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
No comments:
Post a Comment