Monday, January 10, 2011

Crazy Things of This World

This past weekend was crazy. It made me realize how nothing stays the same.

Saturday, we heard news of the shooting in Tucson. What a sad day for Tucson and the country! It's a sad state we are in, that it took violence to realize that we (America) needs to change. Who of us isn't tired of the politics going on, who of us feels like our voice isn't heard? Violence is never the answer. How desperate (or sick) was this man that he thought the only way was violence? And to kill a 9-year old in the process just makes my brain hurt trying to understand. Understanding this event will be something that is impossible for most of our country. Is there a clear lesson that would have prevented this? Probably not. But moving forward, I truely hope that all Americans (politicians included) learn to communicate, to chose peace over violence and continue to hope for a better place. Whether we agree or disagree on the current craziness that is going on in Washington, we must support those who have been elected. And if we disagree, write letters, have our voices heard, but within the lines of the Constitution and the law.

Sunday, I was catching up on FB and saw a post that I thought was strange. As I investigated, I was blown away. A couple that taught us Sunday School in highschool and whose daughter was our flower girl is divorcing. This makes my heart hurt. The couple was one of those that you looked at and thought they would be one of the ones who would make it. The looks of love that they gave each other were something that as a young adult, I remember thinking - this is what love and life are about. They were role models for us. Not that they shouldn't be anymore. This provides a new struggle. How does a seemingly "perfect" couple decide to divorce? Why does God let this happen? What has this world come to?

And so here I sit...wondering how these changes will affect our lives? And should they affect our lives? The first question is really dependent on the second. Should they affect our lives? Yes, if we want to learn and grow from these situations. But for most, the answer may not be yes. And if the answer is not yes, does this even affect you. Will you be moved to be more loving, to chose peace, to snuggle a little longer with your spouse, to talk a little more instead of becoming engrossed in this crazy, busy world? I know what I want my answer to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment