So, I'm guessing you want to know the dirt....so here it is... Well, part of it. I have a feeling this post could last for pages, so I'll just give you the dirt on how we found out, how we told my parents and the Hub's mom, and my immediate family.
The Hubs and I have had several discussions in the past couple of years about kids. We've thrown around everything from having one to fostering. After much praying, we felt 2011 or 2012 would be a good year to try to have a baby of our own. After discussions with my doctor, I knew it could take anywhere from 6-8 weeks to a year, depending on how things went. So around Christmas, I went off of birth control planning to get pregnant sometime late February....but that wasn't God's plan.
Fast forward to January...By mid-January, I felt weird. I thought, well the doctor said it would take 6 weeks..there is NO way I'm pregnant. So I took a test and by golly, I was. The Hubs will tell you that I wasn't romantic or funny in telling him. In fact, I woke him up and said "Uh, I think we are pregnant..." I took a second test that evening and I got the same result (Go Figure...).
Then came the hard part...keeping it a secret. We told both my parents and his mom that weekend. We surprised my parents with a gift of a picture frame and a pacifier. His mom....well, she got the pictures of us, me, and the picture above that we sent to Walgreens for her to pick up. She didn't make it out of Walgreens before opening the pictures. I don't know if she will ever forgive us for making her cry in Walgreens...(Kidding).
We waited until Dad's birthday weekend to tell my sister in person. Then, we called my brother and his wife and shared the news! As well, we went to both of my grandparents house to tell them. My grandma will be a great-grandma for the first time! She is sooo excited! My grandad, well he is a great-grandad times 3, so he is a pro by now. All he has are great-grandsons so far (as we still don't know the sex of Baby J) which is really interesting since he was the father of 5 girls. We swore them all to secrecy until atleast March 3rd, which was our 10 (really, 11) week appointment with our doctor.
More to come on the journey of pregnancy.....
No comments:
Post a Comment