Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween and Volleyball

So, I have to tell a story on myself. I expected Bella to be big when she was born. Like as big as she is now (okay, maybe not 9 lbs but atleast 8 and change...). I wasn't the only one who expected this (hence, the week early induction) and so I didn't purchase many newborn outfits. I mean, she was only going to wear them for a week or two (not five or six). She would definitely be in 0-3 month clothes by October..so any cute fall/Halloween outfits should be 0-3 month, right? Ha! Insert God's cue to laugh at my planning and thinking.. So poor B has had to wear big onesies these last couple of weeks so that she can adequately sport her Halloween gear. (There will be pictures below to show off some of her outfits.) Finally, as Halloween approaches most of these outfits fit. (there is still one onesie that is a little big...). Again, case in point of why you shouldn't plan and count on things when you are a new parent. The question remains on how much of her (large, thanks to Gigi) Christmas wardrobe is going to fit her...it only varies in size 0-3 months to 3-6 months...le sigh. Atleast I have learned this enough to resist all temptation to buy cute fall/Christmas outfits for next year. No telling how off the mark I will be..

In other news, we took B to the Huns' school tonight for a volleyball tournament he agreed to participate in. It was a good way for him to show her off and to test myself by riding in the front of the car. Yeah, I'm that parent who has been riding in the back seat to keep an eye on my child. I won't be able to do that on Wed when we drive to LR so this was a good adventure... All went well. The men teachers (mainly coaches) beat the seniors and narrowly were beat by the sophomores in the championship round. I couldn't decide in game 2 of the championship round if I should root for the adults (who lost game 1) or for the kids (cuz I was tired and ready for it to be over). The adults won game 2 and missed winning game 3 (best 2 out of 3) by a couple of points. Not bad when your age ranges from 20-60ish playing 16 year old athletes...

Well, I'm off to play mommy, but enjoy the pictures below!!!

1 comment: