As you could probably tell from the post before there was a LOT of drama going. Some of that has changed...most of it has not. Instead of focusing on what is stressing me out, I'm going to start posting on things I'm thankful for.
1. My Hubs - There are very few people who could put up with me on a daily basis, who have seen me and experienced me at my worst and still can find room in their heart to love me. Lucky for me, I have a hubs that does. On a side note, he found out he passed his 2nd area certification test! And is now licensed in our new state! And is being recommended to the board for a teaching position for next semester!!!! Definitely an answered prayer.
2. My BABY sister - Along the way, my baby sister has become one of my best friends. She turned the BIG 2-1 and I got to help her celebrate! We had a blast and got to spend quality time together. We shopped and ate and walked around Memphis. During the weekend, she got 21 (plus a few more) gifts from the women of the family. (Don't get me wrong, most were small...but it was still fun! And seeing her in suspense of when we would be nice enough to give her one more, priceless....)
3. My Parents - Another set of folks who can calm the storms, give me sound advice, and feed me well. After moving to live so close to them, I can't believe I moved away. They are some of the coolest parents a grown person could have. (Though, I didn't always see it that way when I was younger, they were still some of the best parents a girl could have...)
4. The FALL - Ohh how I missed the season called Fall. In the old state, it was hot or green still. We have seen multiple colors of leaves and they still keep changing. I should have taken pictures every week starting in October. The views from our house are breathtaking. You just look out the window and see God's glory.
5. My puppies - Despite the barking and their sometimes rude behavior, nothing brightens your day like a dog who is thrilled to see you and wants to give you a ton of kisses. Our dogs are the best, despite the fact that they are shaggy and in definite need of baths. They help keep me sane with all the craziness that is going on and keep the Hubs company when I need alone time.
These are just some of the things I'm thankful for right now. I'll continue to post on this topic. I promise to be better...as long as the stress of this world doesn't consume me....
No comments:
Post a Comment