Right now, I'm sitting on the couch, with a dog laying beside me. Ironically, it doesn't feel much different than it did 2.5 months ago in a small town north of Beaumont. Like I have said before, but so much has changed since.
It's nice to be settling in. Nice to be able to unpack and organize (or have your mother come visit and organize...Score for Alice!). Nice to be able to visit local churches and meet new people. I'm excited for the road ahead. There are many things that can bog me down, make me worried/scared, and ruin my positive outlook. All that said, I'm avoiding all of that. Looking up to God and looking forward to his plans. I have had a hard time adjusting to life post-move, but I finally feel excited and happy about it. I'm glad.
I have found lots of great things about the move. It's kinda chilly here...and we get a FALL!!!! Not a Cooler Summer...The leaves are beginning to change (though I'm told that has more to do with the lack of rain.). I'm also so much closer to my family. It amazes me how much I grow to love and appreciate them more each day. Absence makes the heart grow fonder...or so the saying goes. I've found that even though I knew how much I loved and appreciated them from living afar, nothing is like living close by. For instance, my mom has been offering to help us with the unpacking. And they have supplied us with endless amounts of good food. For instance, last week, we had Apple Crumble Pie (AJ's fav) when we visited. Then, Saturday, Dad made me homemade waffles since I was in town early for AJ's test. And Sunday, when my sister sent me a picture bragging about the pumpkin pie Dad made her, I asked mom to bring me a piece...and well, she showed up with three..I mean How Amazing Is That?!?!
In other news, we are gearing up for a busy fall, which was supposed to start this weekend. That has moved due to friend's not being able to come visit, yet. Next weekend is Race for the Cure. The following weekend, we will have our first guests at the humble J abode...just a preview to the awesomeness that will be this fall. I'm definitely excited for all the fun we will have!!
hi Alice!
ReplyDeletenice to meet you! i will send you a link to my new blog when i send out the next batch of emails.
what big changes you have had! i am so glad things are calming down for you. in one of your posts i read "I feel like I'm in a constant fight to be happy, to be joyous, to feel blessed and I feel like I'm losing everytime. It makes me so frustrated."
I have to say, that is right where i am right now.
i'll talk to you soon :)
Thanks Leah! It's nice to read and get a feel for things before diving in. We are definitely trying to reduce the changes, it's been a crazy couple of months. The positive is that we have put our trust in God and he has delivered every time. It amazes me how he works!
ReplyDeleteContinue to pray and be positive. Find a glimmer of hope in everything. Look for God in the hard, difficult, overwhelming, and emotional. It's hard, but it helps. We have never had to deal with your struggles, but it amazes me that God knows what we can handle. He pushes the limits and once we surrender (the hardest part), he carries us through it and teaches us along the way.
Good Luck! I can't wait to continue following you and your family on God's amazing adventure!