Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where in the world is .........

me?

Well, here's July in a nutshell...

July 4th weekend began my July adventures...The Hubs, the dogs, and I travelled to my parents where I picked out the fabric for the baby bedding while spending time with my bestest friend from highschool (who is moving to Arizona at the first of August), got my hair done (which it was in DESPARATE need of!!!!), ate lunch, went and registered at BabysRUs and a local store, went home where I think I ate dinner and fell promptly to sleep (yes, all of this occured in one day...yes, I'm insane). Sunday was church, lunch with grandma and one of my aunts, my granddad being put in the hospital (2 days before his birthday) with pneumonia, registering at another store, eating dinner, visiting granddad, and then crashing. Monday was breakfast (YAY!!!), going to an aunt's house to see all my family (except for granddad who was still in the hospital), and then leaving and heading back home.

This hospital stay of granddad's really was upsetting for me. What most people don't know or realize is that my grandmother was admitted into the hospital around the 4th of July two years ago (btw, we were out of the country when it happened - this event could be chronicled in a couple of posts about the whole experience and my emotions). In addition, Granddad's birthday is the 5th of July. So at a point in the year where there is excitement and family gatherings, having to see a grandparent in the hospital and on oxygen was difficult. It also doesn't help that it's the second of this type of occasion in a year....not just any year, but in less than a year of his wife's death. I pray for his health and that we can have a few more years with him, his health willing...

The other big news of the first long week of July is that I failed my 1-hr glycose test.

The second weekend in July we spent at home. We cleaned the house. Rested. The Hubs shampooed the carpets in our living room and the nursery. I led the singing at contemporary service..and tried to recover from the 3 day weekend......

So my leadership role is leading singing at our new contemporary service. The service was started on my birthday as a vision of a mission which members of our church felt led to begin. Initially, it was led soley by our pastor. After attending a couple of times and LOTS of praying, I approached our pastor about leading singing. I promised to lead and I promised it would be a "joyful noise" whether in tune or not could not be guarenteed. Our pastor took me up on the offer and I've led 3 Saturdays and planned the music for two where we were out of town (the 4th of July and this past weekend). It's a challenge (in MANY aspects) so if you could keep the service and my service as a leader in your prayers that we may continue to do God's will (not ours) and continue to be a mission for God.

Between the 2nd and 3rd weekends, I found out I failed my 3-hr glucose test...BARELY...ARGH

The 3rd weekend in July...was alot like the first weekend. We had a calm Friday night. Saturday, we drove to get maternity pictures taken (which were the first professional - or really any - pictures taken since we've been married). I also registered at the final store which I had promised to register at...We drove back home to attend worship. On Sunday, we got up and drove to the parentals dwelling to eat lunch with the family and hang out. Monday morning, we got up and had a 3D/4D ultrasound of Baby J (pics coming..I promise). We drove back home Monday after the appointment and then I went to work (who thought that was a good idea?!?!) Last week, I also visited with the doctor and FINALLY got confirmation of what exactly I'm supposed to be doing with the glucose meter...All looks good and he appears to be happy with the glucose numbers thus far.

This past weekend, the Hubs had a certification test and then we packed up and headed to the NW part of our state to visit his family. On the way there, we stopped and spent time with my bestest friend from highschool (you know, the one I mentioned above that is moving...like next weekend...ACK!) and her two sons. I am going to miss them like crazy. We spent Sunday and Monday visiting with family, eating at some of our favorite places, and just having a semi-relaxing time away from our home. Which brings me to today, which I spent part of talking to a dietician about what I need to be eating with this mild case of gestational diabetes FINALLY!

So in a few pages, that's been my July. Now I can go catch you up (well soon) on Baby's growth and my growth as well as our anniversary weekend. I promise to get those updates out soon!!!

Hope your lives haven't been as busy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment