Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Week....

Yeah, yeah... If you have paid any attention, you would know that I'm technically 2 weeks from my edd (estimated due date). Yes, I need to post the 37 week update...maybe I'll do that tomorrow...

The big news is that Bella will be here at ~39 weeks. All is well with her (as seen in the weekly doctor's visits and NSTs). That said, the doctor doesn't want her to go over 39 weeks due to complications with my gestational diabetes.. Even though I have controlled my blood sugars and probably been more strict than necessary in my diet, we are doing this for her health and safety.

I feel very calm and okay with this game plan (probably because it's been discussed for the past couple of weeks...). I was very nervous about this at first because I wanted her to be the one who decided when she was going to come. After many prayers and reelections, I realize this is one more of those life lessons that has been reinforced throughout this pregnancy. That as much as I want to control things and have certain expectations, I need to give those up and let God take control. I'm learning more and more that just because something happens that I don't like or something I was scared of, that with God by my side (along with the support of family and friends) I can face these things. Those challenges have allowed me to grow and challenge myself. For instance, if you had asked me at 20 weeks, things such as kidney stones and gestational diabetes would be absolutely TERRIBLE and yet I've conquered both.

So how do I feel at almost 38 weeks? I feel really good. I'm starting to get tired and have more contractions, but despite those issues and my complications, I believe I have had an easy pregnancy. I don't know if it is that there is a defined end date, but I've yet to really feel miserable.

Everybody keeps asking I'm ready to pop out the baby? In some ways, probably yes. I'm ready to see her and hold her. In many ways, there is somethIng kind of comfortable with my current status. I know how to be pregnant. Being pregnant is something I have experience at (well, now I do)...being a mom, having a baby, and having to take care of the baby are all things I know nothing about. To say I'm kind of anxious and nervous about this new stage would be an understatement. I know that our lives are about to change forever. As exciting as these changes are, there is definitely an uncertainty in the air. All of that said I have faith in God that he will help along the way. I also have a wonderfully awesome husband and great family to help with this transition. I continually thank God that it was in his plan to move us back to Arkansas before we had a baby. I'm not sure how we would have survived this where we used to live. Though, I'm sure he would have provided a way for us none the less...

Isabelle's room is thisclose to being finished (I know..I need to post pics). We have almost all the necessities. All we are missing is a diaper pail and we have a plan b if we don't get it in time. The same goes with the baby quilt and bumper, but we have had a plan b for a while on that one. So I'm okay with that. I guess in terms of being ready, I'm finally feeling that way. For a while, Bella's room wasn't ready and clothes and linens weren't washed so I wasn't ready. Now I feel like we are close enough so that if she comes tonight or tomorrow, it will be okay. (Though she still has some outfits and such I'd love to have before she gets here, but will survive either way..) Much thanks goes to my parents and husband for helping me get everything ready. I definitely couldn't have done it on my own.

Now that I've written a novel, I am gonna go to bed and rest. I promise to try to be better at these updates especially as we get even closer to Isabelle's arrival and once she arrives. I'm sure there will be lots of pictures of her to show off....proud parents and all.. :) In the mean time, we will be praying her health and for her safe arrival!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment