Today was the gravesite service for Grandma. We got up and ate breakfast with Grandaddy. Then, we all traveled to the cemetery. The service was very nice, very simple and really the perfect ending to a very stressful, busy weekend. It was a beautiful day with the wind blowing. I guess I hadn't mentioned that Grandma's urn was beautiful as were all the flower arrangements that were done for the service.
It was nice to be a little less formal and to let Granddad and the daughters (my aunts and mom) speak about Grandma. The service was wonderful and beautiful. It made me miss my Grandma...this whole weekend made me miss her. We stayed around the site and talked for awhile to enjoy the last moments that we, as an extended family, would spend together for a while.
After the service, we went home and relaxed for a bit. Mom took my brother, sister-in-law, sister, my husband, and I out to eat at Loca Luna. From there, we went packed the truck and headed back to Batesville.
I'm exhausted from the activities of the weekend and praying for God's peace as well as energy to make it through the weekend. I feel like I have missed most of the last week due to trying to get the house stuff done as well as all of my emotions with Grandma...I just wanted to thank ya'll again for all the prayers that have been sent our way. You are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment